Christ Church, New Southgate and Friern Barnet
This historic site contains a fine Grade II listed church and church hall. The church hall, constructed in 1883, is detached from the church, is in a poor state of repair and is inaccessible and inflexible. CPL obtained detailed planning and listed building consent to refurbish the hall and connect the church and hall together by creating a sensitively designed modern link extension, which provides a welcoming entrance foyer, level access between the hall and church and new accessible WCs, meeting rooms and offices. The development will revitalise this important historic site by creating a more accessible, flexible and energy efficient Community Hub for use by wide variety of church and community groups. A high-quality landscape design for the whole site also improves access to, and the setting of, the listed church itself.